Cayuse SP, 424, and IRB
Cayuse SP is used for all proposals and includes electronic routing.
Cayuse staff is available to help train new users on Cayuse in the Administration Building room #315 during normal office hours Monday through Friday 11:30am-12pm.
Cayuse 424 is used for submitting grants directly to grants.gov.
Cayuse IRB is used for all requests for IRB consideration.
The Cayuse main webpage (if you aren't logged into MyMemphis, this will take you there first, then on to Cayuse): https://memphis.cayuse424.com Links to training videos:
The Division of Research and Sponsored Programs began a process in 2014 to support the growth of sponsored programs, improve the efficiency and transparency of research administration, and automate outdated systems. In order to achieve these goals, the Division of Research and Sponsored Programs is collaborating with IT in leading a team to implement an electronic research administration (eRA) software installation.
Throughout spring and fall 2016, staff and faculty tested a new eRA system, Cayuse Research Suite (commonly called Cayuse), that will track, route and manage all of the steps of a sponsored project lifecycle, from pre-award to post-award. In addition, we have purchased Cayuse IRB, which manages initial IRB protocol submissions, modifications, reportable events, and continuing reviews all in one place.
This webpage will serve as the launching pad for the software.
If you have any questions about Cayuse at the University of Memphis, please email us at CayuseSupport@memphis.edu.
CAYUSE IRB TRAINING AND TUTORIALS
Cayuse IRB training, tutorials, and access information.
General Cayuse videos:
- Logging into Cayuse - Demonstration of logging into the test and production environment of Cayuse and a brief overview of the three Cayuse Modules: SP, 424, and IRB - 7:26 minutes
- Overview of Cayuse SP - Demonstration of the Welcome to Cayuse SP screen and the Proposal and Award Dashboards and the Certifications and Approvals Inbox - 3:27 minutes
- Short Introductory Video - Short introductions to Cayuse SP and 424 - 3.5 minutes
Proposal Record videos:
- General Information - How to create a proposal record in Cayuse SP and to complete the General Information page. - 14:04 minutes
- Investigators/Research Team - How to complete the Investigators/Research Team page of the Proposal Record. - 8:12 minutes
- Budget - How to complete the Budget page of the Proposal Record. - 8:58 minutes
- Conflict of Interest - How to complete the Conflict of Interest page of the Proposal Record. - 4:10 minutes
- Regulated Activities - How to complete the Regulated Activities page of the Proposal Record. - 3:53 minutes
- Subrecipients - How to complete the Subrecipient page of the Proposal Record. - 3:13 minutes
- Export Control - How to complete the Export Control page of the Proposal Record. - 2:52 minutes
- Intellectual Property - How to complete the Intellectual Property page of the Proposal Record. - 2:03 minutes
- StrategicPartnerships - How to complete the Strategic Partnership page of the Proposal Record- 1:43 minutes
- Proposal Abstract - How to complete the Proposal Abstract page of the Proposal Record. - 4:29 minutes
- Proposal Attachments - How to complete the Proposal Attachments page of the Proposal Record. - 4:15 minutes
- Authorize Units - How to complete the Authorize Units page of the Proposal Record. - 5:17 minutes
- Submission Notes - How to complete the Submission Notes page of the Proposal Record. - 2:59 minutes
- Submitting and Certifying a Proposal Record - How to submit and certify a Proposal Record. - 6:15
- Approving Proposal Records - How to approve proposals - 14:00
- Submitting and Approving Advance Account Requests - How to submit and approve Advance Account requests in Cayuse SP - 15:36
The Cayuse main webpage (if you aren't logged into MyMemphis, this will take you there first, then on to Cayuse): https://memphis.cayuse424.com. You must use your university UUID and not any vanity email prefix.
For general information about Cayuse: https://cayuse.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115001977487-Cayuse-SP
This link takes you to the Cayuse Support Center. The first time you sign up for Cayuse Support. You must use your University email in order to gain access to manuals or other information about the Cayuse Research Suite.